Supply Chain Services
Put Your Inventory Management in Our Hands
From stock level maintenance and forecasting to shipping and warehousing, the time and money inventory management costs you can be significant. Flexible VMI, EOL, and LTB inventory management support can boost your operational efficiency, and keep you focused on your core business.
Smith can take the responsibilities of inventory management out of your hands.
- Explore multiple models for inventory ownership, both customer-owned and Smith-owned
- Lessen your warehouse personnel costs by utilizing Smith’s VMI team and warehousing space
- Strategically located global shipping and logistics hubs ensure easy access and rapid delivery
- Smith’s warehouses are access-controlled, fully secured, and ESD-, climate-, and temperature-controlled to protect your inventory
- Rely on Smith as a central hubbing location to manage requests from all of your sites
- Gain a centralized portal for visibility of your inventory with our online tools
- Smith offers nitrogen storage, nitrogen packing, and tape and reel service options
- Smith can plan, monitor, maintain, and replenish your inventory levels to your specifications
Discover the prime inventory solutions your business needs to excel.
Optimize Your Operations with Purchasing Support
Navigating the global components market can stretch your purchasing department thin, especially when acquisition costs and managing sprawling vendor bases add to their challenges. When getting the parts your company needs becomes a struggle, it’s time to ease this burden and get back to business.
Smith’s purchasing services can help.
- Rely on a dedicated Smith buyer, with onsite support available
- Lower your overhead costs, from personnel to transactional
- Eliminate low-volume vendors and consolidate similar or overlapping ones
- Cut out the vendor approval process to add non-critical vendors
- Benefit from Smith’s procurement experts, worldwide reach, up-to-the-minute market knowledge, and audited and reliable list of global suppliers
Partner with Smith, and know that your procurement is in the best hands.
Manage Excess Inventory for Greatest ROI
The longer your IT assets sit untouched on warehouse shelves, the greater the potential for loss as parts go obsolete and lose resale value. Smith’s excess inventory services can recover value by turning your surplus electronic components, peripherals, and IT equipment into a revenue stream.
Let us help you achieve value from your excess today.
- Consignment lets you free up warehouse space and receive the greatest ROI for marketable excess
- Once consigned, Smith will market and resell inventory and ship product direct from stock
- We’ll share profits at an agreed-upon percentage
- Leverage Smith’s product marketing and customer matching
- Our advanced component knowledge and market expertise helps us maximize your ROI
- Non-consignment options let you maintain ownership of your inventory while we market it for you
- Or, explore inventory lot buys to move excess inventory off your warehouse shelves and balance sheets fast
Turn a burden into an advantage when you maximize your excess’s value.
HDD & SSD Services
Manage HDDs and SSDs at Any Step in Their Lifecycles
Guarantee your data’s safety while exploring disposition and remarketing options for your HDDs and SSDs. Count on compliance, security, and vigorous ROI with the support of Smith’s secure operations facilities and experienced technicians.
If you have HDDs or SSDs to manage, Smith can engineer a program to help you.
- Wipe information from your drives permanently, to Department of Defense (DoD) standards
- Get data wiping where you need it – onsite or offsite – with Smith’s mobile wiping solution
- Shredding and degaussing options can destroy hardware to ensure all data on your drives is unreadable
- Online sales, e-commerce tools, and inside sales can all maximize the remarketing exposure of your drives to yield the greatest ROI
- Explore sustainable recycling and disposition options that are fully compliant to environmental laws
From data sanitization to destruction and remarketing to recycling, Smith has your drives covered.
Reimagine Your Product and Equipment with Rework Services
Upgrading or reworking equipment can save you time and money by enhancing its marketability or extending its useful life. Smith’s rework services can handle this for you, replacing components inside servers or PCs and rebuilding them with new parts, based on your requirements.
Whether we’re building from the ground up or giving used resources a new life, Smith can meet your design.
- Receive product configured to your design, whether it’s a custom build or reworking to market specs
- Assembly services for new components can boost your operations’ speed
- Save time and manpower by leaving assembly and rework to Smith
- Dedicated facilities and personnel enable rapid execution
- Improve servers’ or PCs’ performance through upgrading
- Save money by not having to purchase all-new equipment
Your configuration needs are unique. Let us help you achieve them and get you moving faster.
Get Product Prepped and Ready with Component Flashing
Prepping large volumes of components or equipment with specific firmware for production or sale can cost you time, manpower, and money. Lessen your costs and streamline your operations by putting this work in Smith’s hands instead.
Let Smith get you moving right away.
- Two types of flashing support different business needs
- General firmware updates prepare devices from smartphones and tablets to HDDs and SSDs
- We can also update BIOS on computer components or devices like servers, desktops, and laptops
- Whether you’re looking for BIOS or general firmware updates, save time and manpower preparing components, without sacrificing quality
- Increase your component performance by optimizing firmware with the latest revisions
- Save money on potential data recovery in the event of a crisis
Whether your components are going to production or market, Smith’s component flashing services will get them ready for immediate use.
Recover Components and Value from Your Equipment
When you decommission servers and other equipment, you risk losing value by scrapping parts that have potential. Component recovery can help you recoup this value, going beyond scrapping to help you discover the real worth of your networking equipment.
Don’t throw away your assets when Smith can help you optimize them.
- Smith will break down equipment to isolate key commodities
- Recovered parts can be tested and/or reconfigured
- Have your recovered parts remarketed on the open market, returned to you, or stocked for your future demand
- Earn a return on assets that would otherwise be scrapped
- Trust the security of your data with Smith’s extensive security processes
- Save time and resources and undertake large-scale projects with Smith’s manpower and experience
- Meet global environmental standards with all component recycling
Discover the value in your decommissioned parts with the help of Smith’s component recovery services.
Get a Head Start with Kitting Services
Smith’s kitting support will help you optimize your bill of materials for maximum efficiency. We’ll consult with you to bring your key components or even your whole BOM together for you in one place, organized and labeled to your specifications and ready to use.
Start right out of the box, with the parts you need tested, sorted, and ready to go.
- Get the parts you need consolidated into fully customizable kits based on your requirements
- Lower your costs and improve your operational efficiency
- Reduce your supplier base and lessen the manpower you need
- Smith can kit parts from your inventory or procure them directly from your specified manufacturers or our trusted supplier network
- Receive kits just-in-time to reduce your cost of inventory ownership
- Ensure quality and organization even in challenging settings like field locations
Prime your projects for ultimate efficiency with Smith’s kitting services.