Lower Your Costs on the Components You Need
Pressure is high on purchasing departments. Get the parts needed for production – but get them for a price that won’t compromise the bottom line. This challenge can feel like being between a rock and a hard place.
So look outside the standard options – and the standard pricing.
- Smith’s PPV capabilities will get the parts you need within the price range you specify
- Share your BOM with Smith, and we’ll track your demand in real-time
- Flexible sourcing means diverse options, such as excess inventory of the parts you need
- We’ll track down matching components on the open market that are below the standard pricing
- We’ll pass the savings on to you and keep your demand lists active in our system
As long as there are components you need a steady stock of on your BOM, we’ll find and deliver them at your specified pricing.
Overcome Obsolescence Challenges Seamlessly
It can be a bleak situation when your production or service and repair requirements bind you to an obsolete part and it’s nowhere to be found anymore. This kind of demand can last long after a part has hit obsolescence, sometimes pushing manufacturers to questionable product sources or a hasty substitution.
Smith offers a backup plan so an obsolete part isn’t a dead end.
- Smith has the largest network of trusted open-market contacts in the industry
- We’ll connect you to the massive range of components available worldwide
- Partner with Smith experts who can track current and obsolete parts
- Build the stock you need so your business isn’t stalled
- Or, prepare for the future by working with a Smith specialist to identify alternate parts
- Seamlessly replace your obsolete components with quality substitutions
No matter what direction you’re moving in, we’ll help you keep moving.
Plan Proactively for Lifecycle Challenges
Component lifecycles don’t have to define your choices. It can be a strain when a component goes end-of-life, especially if you have warranty and repair agreements or production relying on it. But knowing about lifecycle changes before they’re hitting you head-on can make the difference between your operations moving without interruption or being dead in the water.
This is where Smith can help you.
- Closely track component lifecycles
- Alert you when product changes or revisions are coming that could affect you
- Arrange volume purchases as your specified components near end-of-life
- Ensure a steady stock for the future
- Manage your stock with a flexible range of warehousing options
- Reduce your inventory holding costs.
With the components you need on-hand when you need them, you’ll avoid supply chain disruptions or the inconsistencies that can happen when you have to substitute a component.
Navigate Shortage with Agile Sourcing
Whatever the cause, part shortages can cripple your business. Don’t let regional or global shortages take you down when there are strong allies who can navigate the fluctuations of the electronic component market to find the parts you need.
Smith has resources to ensure that you’re never at a loss.
- Preferred access to electronic components that are in high demand
- Relationships with trusted suppliers around the world
- Stringent vendor screening standards so we never compromise on quality
- Representatives in every Smith office trained and ready to support your shortage sourcing demands
The global electronics market is always changing and weathering fluctuations. Partner with Smith, and your inventory and operations will stay reliable and steady even in the most challenging times.