Smith’s global shipping and logistics hubs occupy nearly 200,000 ft2 of warehouse space to house your product safely through every step of sourcing, handling, inspection, testing, storage, and shipment.
All of our operational areas are ESD-safe, with all components handled using ESD-safe materials and documented procedures. We also maintain full environmental control in our warehouses to protect against damage from humidity or varying temperatures.
Smith’s people make the difference, and our quality engineers and technicians are a prime example of why. With ongoing technical training that keeps them alert to the most current industry and quality developments, our operational staff knows components and the handling and testing standards to ensure their quality, authenticity, and security.
Smith’s inspectors are all certified to the CCCI-102 standard for product inspection and counterfeit avoidance. Developed by the organization behind the trusted CCAP-101 anti-counterfeiting certification, this inspector certification ensures that our technicians are trained to safeguard and effectively examine components.
Security is at the forefront of all of our global operations, alongside our leading quality and dedicated service.
How do we ensure your inventory’s security?
- Our warehouse spaces are protected by CCTV systems, burglar alarms, and security personnel onsite
- Entry into any Smith facility is fully controlled
- Employees must have access cards to gain entry into Smith’s facilities and any controlled areas
- Our onsite, access-controlled inventory cages are available to house specially designated inventory
- The fully access-controlled and monitored SmithSecure room at Smith’s Houston headquarters provides secure component processing such as HDD/SSD wiping and shredding to DoD standards
- Smith is C-TPAT certified
Whether we’re helping you carry out extensive, long-term inventory management or delivering just-in-time component shipments, your product will be safeguarded under Smith’s security practices.
Smith’s footprint is global, meaning that – no matter where in the world you’re located – we can support you. Our fourteen trading offices allow us to work closely with partners to offer localized, individualized support. And our operational hubs in Houston, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam take this support a step further by providing premier operational and logistics support to manage and move product.
These strategic hubs are Smith’s bases of operation for the extensive, customer-specific logistics and inventory management programs that help power our customers’ success, in addition to our daily sourcing support. Whether your company’s home is in the US, EU, or Asia market – or beyond – Smith can offer the logistics solutions and timely delivery that will keep your business moving.
How do we support your logistics needs?
- Smith maintains a wide network of premier logistics partners
- Storage and logistics services are available in nearly any global location
- Our delivery is powered by long-standing relationships with all logistics carriers
- Logistical arrangements are flexible and customizable to your unique needs