Smith Supports the Aerospace and Defense Industries
You’re called to meet the most intense standards.
We’ll stand with you.
Aerospace and defense standards protect lives and critical missions. There’s no room for error or anything less than the best in materials and performance.
Smith’s experience, resources, and trained focus make us a prime partner to meet these standards. Whether your mission is in the stratosphere or equipping soldiers on the ground, we’ll help you achieve your objectives with supply chain support and sourcing of the highest-quality components.
An Established Partner
More than three decades in business have established Smith as a capable partner to customers across industries.
Get in Touch
Fill out the form below to contact a representative.
Tailored Aerospace and Defense Support
Smith is focused on meeting the needs and requirements of our aerospace and defense customers. This runs the gamut – from ongoing ethics and compliance training of our global teams to staying abreast of federal sourcing requirements. We offer specific warranty programs for our A&D customers, plus the support of our dedicated aerospace and defense consultants and sales team. However you need our help, we’ll be there.
We support organizations with the electronic components they need to keep their missions moving. From the elements that go into navigation systems to vehicle and radio parts, Smith can flexibly find and provide what you need.
- 423610 Electrical Apparatus and Equipment, Wiring Supplies, and Related Equipment Merchant Wholesalers
- 423430 Computer and Computer Peripheral Equipment and Software Merchant Wholesalers
- 423690 Other Electronic Parts and Equipment Merchant Wholesalers
- 425110 Business to Business Electronic Markets
- 425120 Wholesale Trade Agents and BrokersNAICS
Product Service Codes
- 5962 Microcircuits, Electronic
- 5999 Miscellaneous Electrical and Electronic Components
- 5935 Connectors, Electrical
- 5980 Optoelectronic Devices and Associated Hardware
- 5998 Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, Boards, Cards, and Associated Hardware
Aerospace and Defense Certifications
- AS6081: Counterfeit avoidance for aeronautics industry
- AS9120: Quality management systems - aerospace requirements for stockist distributors
- GIDEP: Government-Industry Data Exchange Program
- C-TPAT: Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
- ISA: Importer Self-Assessment
Trusted Vendor Base
We take no risks with the quality of the product we source for customers. Smith works with a broad, global network of suppliers who we have vetted and approved through a strenuous verification process.
From the moment vendors begin working with us, they have already had their company backgrounds and financial and trade references verified. They have undergone audits of their business and quality systems and processes and earned approval. And – even once they’re approved – Smith continually evaluates each of our suppliers to ensure their quality is unflagging.
You’re working with some of the most vigorous standards in the world. Trust Smith to deliver quality to match.
Sourcing and Procurement
Whatever your business needs, Smith has a sourcing model to help you. Whether your lines are down from shortage or you’re preparing for NPI or an obsolescence situation, we have years of expertise to deliver the parts you need on your timeline and to your exacting specifications.
Customizable Service Support
The aerospace and defense industries’ needs are unique and complex – but Smith’s three decades sourcing and building supply chain solutions make us equal to the challenge. Whether you need to unload excess, manage your inventory for production, or even set up nitrogen storage of delicate components, we can work with you to engineer a strategy unique to your business that will get the job done.
Quality and Operations
Our quality and operational processes are uncompromising. From certified counterfeit mitigation procedures to in-house inspection and functionality testing, secure warehousing, and full shipping and logistics support, Smith is prepped and ready to assure product and service integrity in a fraught supply chain.